Nov 8, 2012

Surrender




Head bowed low
Hands open wide
Giving up my will
Releasing my pride
Wherever you lead
That's where I'll go
I am your sheep
My job is to follow

In the times of joy
Through the path of sorrow
When I understand
Or when the truth's hard to swallow
The journey is long
But the burden is light
My heart entwined with Yours
No need to fear or to fight
The circumstances that each day brings
For You walk before me and shine Your light

Your will is revealed to me each day
I accept it humbly and continue to pray
That I see You in each person I face
Remind me to serve and always embrace
Each challenge that arises
With Your love and Your grace

May these not be merely words
Or ideals I hold on to
But action flowing out of love for You
I may not always want to accept Your will
In those time I pray You make my heart still
Replace all the worry and doubt
And remind me what life is truly about
Serving and loving and giving my all
 My daily Salvation, to You do I call

Head bowed low
Hands open wide
Giving up my will
Releasing my pride
Wherever you lead
That's where I'll go
I am your sheep
My job is to follow


Share

0 comments:

Blog Archive