Jul 26, 2004

The case of the mysterious poopy


I don't know what I was thinking...I probably wasn't, but I let Bennett go diaper-less again.  Thinking that maybe now he was emotionally and physically mature enough to put his poopies in the potty where he knows they belong.  I know he's ready because he comes and tells me he needs me to change him.  I know that's got to be a sign of something.  So, after the second time today he comes and tells me that, I tell him in no uncertain terms that this will be the last time - from now on he puts his poopies where they belong.

He went 3 long hours without any accidents this afternoon.  Of course I asked him repeatedly if he had to go and of course his answer was no.  So, you can imagine our surprise as we are cleaning up the dinner dishes when we see a rather smallish brown mass in the living room.  And of course, Bennett is haunched down very close to the vicinity of the mass and looking up like a puppy dog who knows he just got in trouble.  Yet, despite the physical evidence, when asked if he knew what that was, Bennett says "nutin" (nothing).   So, Chuck asks him "Where did that come from Bennett?".  Bennett looks up at the ceiling, around the room and finally points to the door and says "out dare" (there) - meaning outside.  Nice try.  Thankfully, I was only a bystander in this exchange because I don't know if I could have handled myself as good as Chuck did (without laughing that is).

Chuck proceeded to make him clean it up, much to Bennett's chagrin.  He walks away saying "yucky" - maybe we've finally cracked the uncrackable potty trainer.
Share

Blog Archive