Apr 22, 2005

Toothless Wonder



Ahhh, my sweet Bennett boy. He seems to be an accident waiting to happen. Every day. This past week he repetitively bumped his bottom, front, two teeth. No doubt, Daddy and Gavin are partially to blame due to their wild wrestling forrays. Whenever I do the dutiful mom thing and ask them to "wrestle gently" I know in the depths of my soul that that can never happen, yet I still feel compelled to say it. It is one of the biggest oximorons I know.

So, because of the mutiple injuries to the same area of the mouth, Bennett ended up with two very loose teeth. We were scheduled to see the pedodontist first thing this morning. The dentist concurred that both baby teeth were indeed damaged and needed to be extracted immediately.

Bennett was SOOO brave. They asked him, "do you mind if we brush your teeth first?" and he replied, "yes, I do mind. I just brushed them at home." Oh, to have the honesty of a three year old. :) Anyways, he didn't shed one tear. He really astounded me by handling such a nervous situation with such calmness. I'm so proud of my Bennett Boy!

The only issue I have with the whole thing is that my 3 year old has lost his first (two) tooth(s) before my 6 year old. I hope this is not the first of many "firsts" that he will accomplish before his brother.
Share

Blog Archive