May 10, 2005

Insane, Efficient or a Freak of Nature?



It's 2am. I can't sleep. I went to bed nursing a horrible migraine. Therefore, I took 3 Excedrin migraine pills right before bed. Does anyone know just how much caffiene they put in those things? I think I fell asleep just long enough to knock out my headache, but it was a very fitfull sleep. My eyes pop open at 1:59, like this is when I always wake up. I toss and turn and try to squeeze my eyes shut to no avail. Being the ever efficient person that I am, I begin to think of all the things I'd like to get done in the morning before the kids wake up. Then I think to myself, "technically, it is morning right now - what's wrong with getting up and doing a few things?". Most people will get up and read or channel surf on the boob tube at 2 o'clock in the morning. Not me. Do you know what insane activity I chose to do? Mop. Who in their right mind gets up at 2:30 in the morning and starts to mop? To be fair, I must blame the caffiene coursing thru my veins. It makes me do strange things. Hey, but at least I don't have a migraine anymore and now I've got clean floors to boot. One less thing I have to do in the morning.

UPDATE: It is now 4:37am and I am still awake. I tried in vain, yet again, to go back to bed, but my body would have none of that. What is normal for most at this wee time of the morning is imposible for me. I know I will be paying dearly for this at about 3pm today when my children are begging me to play and I can no longer hold my eyelids open. So, what, you might ask, could I possibly be doing now since I've already mopped. Well, I am sitting with pen and paper in hand, busily writing down my thoughts - the old fashioned way.
Share

Blog Archive