Mar 31, 2021

Spring Break Happiness

 

This crazy group of people right here is all I need. This was a special, unexpected treat! We didn't think we'd all be back together again until this summer. Then suddenly, we got two whole days all together this March and there was lots of love, happiness, and laughter abounding again. The house is so quiet nowadays that I welcome the chaos, late bedtimes, noise, lots of groceries, and activity that comes with a full house again.

 
Turns out Gavin was able to join us for the last few days of his spring break and was flying into town the exact same day his roommate and friend Collin had already planned on coming to town to visit Estes Park for a class project. The three of us had an awesome day exploring the entire town.
 

The weather was perfect, the company fun, and the town perfectly uncrowded (a rarity).

Collin and I even bought matching sweatshirts. We're twining!

The rest of the time was spent in conversation and/or chess competitions. I opted out of chess, but the boys sure did enjoy it.

The following day we enjoyed ice cream in Old Town and the CSU Art Museum (Chloe was at work).

Getting any type of pictures together was like pulling teeth. I just wanted a simple memory of all of us together and it digressed into a complete charade. But what they didn't know was that I treasure any picture together - crazy, posed, or candid - I just love remembering our time together.

These people are my absolute favorite! The older the kids get, the better this parenting gig gets. They are the best! We like each other. We want to be together. They are fun (if not a little crazy and stay up way too late!). Time together is a gift I will always treasure and never take for granted. As they grow and go down their own paths, I take such joy in watching them come into their own and thrive in this world. We are cheering them on from afar, and when we can, close together.



Share

Blog Archive